RUS / ENG Home
Поиск по сайту
Guestbook Sitemap
Екатерининский дворецЕкатерининский паркАлександровский дворецАлександровский парк

The Marble Drawing-Room

Created in place of the Fourth State Hall, the Marble Drawing-Room was sometimes called the Billiard Hall because of the two, large and small, billiard tables installed there on the order of Nicholas II in 1832.

Created in place of the Fourth State Hall, the Marble Drawing-Room was sometimes called the Billiard Hall because of the two, large and small, billiard tables installed there on the order of Nicholas II in 1832. The interior finish was classical. Symmetrical to the Second State (or Portrait) Hall, the room was furnished in like manner with a gilt furniture set and decorated with mirrors and gilded consoles with marble vases and glass lamps. A door to the adjacent White Hall was covered with a large white gilded pier mirror – to the architect Vasily Stasov’s design.

Other from the Suite of State Rooms:
The Portrait Hall
The Semi-Circular Hall

Visiting information

The Marble Drawing-Room
© The Tsarskoye Selo State Museum-Preserve. Terms of Use of Website Materials