The Concert Hall
by Irina G. Stepanenko, Curator
St Petersburg, 2010
Number of printed copies: 3000
The booklet is dedicated to Giacomo Quarenghi’s works at Tsarskoye Selo accomplished soon after his arrival in Russia upon Catherine the Great’s invitation. The Concert Hall pavilion is one of the best creations of the celebrated architect. This chamber-music building, whose construction was started in 1782 and lasted seven years, displays austere, laconic architectural forms while the rooms inside are decorated in a rich and varied manner. The pavilion is put on the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Where to Buy